Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Again or "Service and Rememberance"?

I heard a brief soundbite of the President proclaiming today the first "National Day of Service and Rememberance" for today. The idea appears to be to catch the coming together spirit and harness it for ... something good, I guess.

I am sure some are quite angry that this day is appearing to be co-opted to turn into something other than what (especially the families of those who died that day) it has been. I think this, unintentionally dilutes the real meaning of 9-11-01.

I think it should be more about "Never Again".

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to me be an expected response by the present administration. Matter of power and a wish to control all aspects of our lives. A memorial to an attack by terrorists isn't the "image" that they wish to portray. Long live "Never Again".
Art

12:40 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Seems to me that there is no distinction between those who have done and those who have yet to do.

Those of you who have suffered have our condolences.

Those of you who have served, thank you.

The rest of you, what are you going to do?

All I hear is, everybody should do.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they want to water down the whole disaster--with so many pro-muslims in the white house it is small wonder he didn't declare it allu akbar day. It should be NEVER, NEVER AGAIn.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You owe a very nice and interesting blog. Please come visit my site Washington Web Link when you got time.

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?