Sunday, August 30, 2009

Old Boy's Rugby

The two dashing second row for the Illinois Men's Rugby Football Club Old Boy's... well, two of us anyways. We didn't do badly [we managed to beat the current University Club side] and my only harm of note was wholly earned on my part - I did not get away from a ball quick enough and was encouraged to do so by a player from the other team stomping on my left wrist. I did leave quite quickly after that. No major harm, and I deserved it.
Oh, and yes, I do feel a bit, um, not as flexible today.

4 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

It was a beautiful day for it too. Luckily I was at a memorial service so my tears were misinterpreted appropriately.

"I didn't realize Bill knew the dearly departed so well. He seems very moved by the ceremony."

(sobbing softly to myself, "I missed Old Boys again.")

11:27 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Don't worry - I got my wrist stomped on, so there would be at least one minor ouch from one of us. Jumpin' Joe looked awfully tired too. Oh, did I mention that both of us had to play in the A game? Bah!

Fortunately we had a couple of Cabbages helping (Big Cab and Little Cab - Sprout is probably off somewhere we are not authorized to know). Gabby locked with me in the B game - he did just fine after a 9 year break!

Oh, and Big Cabbage fed me a great ball that I should have scored...FAIL! If we hadn't won handily, I'd have felt bad.

12:12 PM  
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

You play rugby in the States? I never knew. Is it catching on?

5:02 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Dave Bones,

Indeed, some of us try to play. Not that you could tell by the US performance in the World Cup...

I pride myself on being one of America's more plodding second row.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?