Friday, July 14, 2006

Ahh Global Warming!

I understand the concern about Global Warming. I too am concerned that we should not poison our planet. I don't think we are doing enough to minimize harmful impacts on all the ecosystems (not just the ones that are comfy and attractive to us) through pollution, uncontrolled growth, irresponsible technology, abuse, sprawl and other things.

On the other hand I do not believe in Global Warming, (our culpability for it) yet.

As Inigo said, "Is too much. Let me sum up." We don't have the data. We don't know how temperature works.

We've been keeping records since 1880 (only since 1895 in USA). 1880! How can you blame human technology and industry for a heat wave when you don't even have records that go back to the beginning of the Industrial Revolution (as early as 1760), let alone what it was like before?

I say the jury is still out (Alleged Global Warming).

Should we be concerned? Should we do something about it? Darn tootin! Should we act like the man at the left (the photo on the left not the Man at the Left)? Let's not be too hasty.

BTW. As a FREE speech site I wanted to add a link to the site from which the photo was cribbed. I Googled "Hair on Fire" and got a link to Screaming Points. The blogger there seems to have opinions different than most visitors we hear from here. I just wanted to reinforce the fact that Miserable Donuts is not about one political view (maybe one economic view, but not political). Cool picture dude, thanks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What difference does it make? Just look at the hazy brown crap that hangs over a city on a bad smog day. We should be working on emmissions just so we don't have to breath that stuff.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Matt,

I agree. I was just saying that people who run around shouting Global Warming should take a chill pill and work on what we really know is happening. Smog is a good example.

We must work to correct the ROOT CAUSE of a problem. Since we don't know what the root cause of global warming is, or if it's really a problem we should study it more before we start jerking our knees.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?