Friday, July 07, 2006

News of Afghanistan XIV

OK, I have the numbers - now if I can figure how to get them in the title of the post...

Anyway, onto the news:

The BBC cheerfully notes more combat.

Diplomacy and disarmament - let us try it. With sufficient cash, of course!

"Guys, put 'em down please."

"Hey, I think he means us!"

A small school problem for an ex-"diplomat". I still think the school should be ashamed that he is even there...

Unqualified patronage workers aren't just a Chicago problem after all!

Aieee! They are everywhere!

Floods - I remember in the Spring of 2005 when we had to send everything we had out to help with floods in the Panjshir. The aviators were saving people left and right. Man, I hope something similar is happening now.

Postcards of Afghanistan - check these out!

OK - this isn't good. I mean really ungood.

Awwwright. I promised several Afghans that someday I would return - as a tourist, not as a soldier. Who knew I would be beaten to the punch by a pair of elderly South Africans?

Huh? I am going to have to watch this situation.

Somewhere a junkie weeps...

This week's source of Afghan culture - Lemar-Aftaab (Afghanistan Magazine of fiction, poetry and such).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, 24 tons of hashish! I think I see someone standing downwind of the bonfire in that photo.

1:25 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Heck, I think 4000 Amsterdamers were rushing to get downwind...

8:17 AM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Just plug the photo into Powerpoint (AKA the Devil) ten times and crop it down to individual numerals. Then you can attach the correct numbers as the first photo in each post.

11:13 AM  
Blogger tempus42 said...

Even easier -- I have a font on my computer called "Traditional Arabic". You probably do too, since I'm pretty sure it just came with MS Office or something.

The digits 0-9 (Eastern Arabic-Indic style, as opposed to regular Arabic-Indic style) are in character codes 06F0-06F9. The only thing is it looks to me like the character for '6' is different than what you had, but I bet it's somewhat interchangeable.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?