Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Afghanistan Failed State

Foreign Policy has put out it's list of the 20 most dangerous states. Iraq is #4 and Afghanistan is #10. Both are down since we left. Pakistan is way down and China is down since last year (the first year they did this list). Sudan is the worst.

I wonder where Afghanistan and Iraq would have been if we weren't there. I'm sure Afghanistan would be worse.

I haven't yet seen the actual article (only the USA Today story linked to above), but my brother has a subscription to Foreign Policy so I'll try to read it.

Anybody there now that can give their take on this?

BTW, this is the old front gate at FOB Salerno. There is a new one there now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, Afghanistan would be worse. But I suspect Iraq would be better.

10:44 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Oh sure, Vasco, just because a miscreants try to blow you up now and then, you take it out on poor Afghanistan ... Heh. Stay Safe.

7:20 AM  
Blogger CSMBones said...

CSM Green would not be happy about how untiddy that ECP is. Where would his Boys hang out? Hey Marco!!!!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

It's better now CSM, only I can't show it ona counta OPSEC.

Believe me, nobody liked it like that. We rebuilt it twice while I was there.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?