Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I Got A Rock!!!

Despite MJ's post below I got nothing (I was planning on titling my next post that long before MJ put up his).

I submitted a personal essay to the Erma Bombeck Contest recently. Not only did I not even place Honorable Mention, they didn't even contact me to let me know how I did or did not do.

I was stunned. I know my story (At the Front Gate, now found at Illini 6) was funnier than any of last year's winners. I can't bring myself to read this year's winners. You can read them though and let me know what you think.

I didn't even get to use my idea for a post name!

ADMINISTRATOR'S NOTE: Please go read the story. It seems absurd, but it is about 99% absolute truth. Forward Operating Base Salerno was a very strange place sometimes...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay... now, see I agree with Leather and Lace (aka Cowgirl). That was VERY funny... maybe it got lost in the mail or something????

Oh, and you "promised" another ghost story (ahem)... just sayin'...

8:10 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Oh no you don't Shell. More comedy! :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Iago said...

Great story! I forgot about the old 'You promised' trick!

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ Major John... comedy is good!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?