Saturday, March 18, 2006

He Who Should Be Leading the Parade In St. Charles, IL Today

29 March 2003
Illinois Air National Guard SSG Jacob L. Frazier, 24, of St Charles, Illinois. Assigned to the 169th Air Support Operations Squadron (182d Airlift Wing) in Peoria, Illinois. He was killed by suspected former Taliban during an ambush on his reconnaissance convoy at Geresk, in Helmand province in southern Afghanistan. He was part of a special operations team that was inspecting a school and hospital being built with American funding.

SSG Frazier's hometown would have been glad to honor him. Instead, I am going to fill in today as the Grand Marshal of the St. Patrick's Parade. Big boots to fill...

2 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

Yeah - what the heck could I say when people thanked me for my service, for being in the parade, etc...

8:22 PM  
Blogger Muslihoon said...

May he rest in peace.

I'm sure you did a wonderful job, Major.

The hardest part about anything to do with the military is moving on. Very hard.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?