Tuesday, February 05, 2008

33rd Brigade Combat will be TF Pheonix VIII




Over the coming summer and autumn, 3000 Illinios National Guard members from my Brigade will be going to Afghanistan to build the National Army and Police. We will take over the Task Force from the 27th New York Brigade. We will be increased by almost 4000 coalition members from 18 different nations. I have been given the opportunity to go back again and help this nation and people in need. I hope to be blogging from that theater.

4 Comments:

Blogger maggie katzen said...

coooooool, I heart TF Phoenix.

2:38 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Remember to say "salaam" to Rambo, Snoopdog and Kiwanni...

Oh, and would you mind terribly going out and catching Hekmatyar Gulbuddin?

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say hello. We are the only TF to cover the entire nation. I will be traveling well out of our little pocket of happiness around Bagram. I think it is time we maybe bring some of these badguys in to work with us. This is a continuation of the Pashto Durrani/Gilzai split. Karzai is a Durrani with most of his government. Omar,Gulbuddin and most of the insurgency leadership is Gilzai tribe. This is centuries old. The only time a Gilzia was in power was when he was propped up by the Soviets. This has become a Pashtun civil war where the coalition is supporting the Durrani tribe.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Citizen Deux said...

Rock on CSM. I hope gates can get the NATO folks to pony up properly! Those flags should mean more than just decoration for a PowerPoint show!

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?