Thursday, January 31, 2008

Graduation Time

My Class, roughly the 36th to come through this training, graduated the Military Transition Team course today.

As I have mentioned previously, I feel better prepared for what is to come than when I left for Afghanistan in 2004. Sure, some of that comes from experience, but I also had better training this time around.

The cadre of of our training company, led by Captain L___ and his merry band of NCOs; SSG G____, SGT S____ and SGT B____ amongst others, made sure we got the straight info and advice. There also seems to be a sense that people "get it" - what we need to do and how. It is a combination of our cadre having recent experience, the civilian instructors often being retired military (with OIF experience) and the steady percolation through the Army system of the changes in Iraq [many of you may have followed them via Michael Yon, Greyhawk, Michael Totten and others].

I am off on a 4 day pass tomorrw, so it may be only one more update before I fly out to Iraq. From there - we'll see what I can do to keep everyone up with events during this fascinating time in Iraq's history (well, to be sure, ours too).
P.S. I don't care how much the moustache is admired over there, I can't grow one that doesn't make people laugh, so I will remain as you see me - clean shaven. Ha.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe over there Major John...


That's too bad about the moustache though. I have the same problem. :)

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Major John. I look forward to hearing from you when you're over there.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Victor Trombettas said...

Hey Major John:

I know you think you're just doing your duty and all. But I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service. I am so damn proud of our military ... I support you ... and the mission! Godspeed.

Vic
NYC

11:45 AM  
Blogger Maggie Goff said...

What Vic said.....!!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Phoenix_Blogger said...

Maj John,
Thanks for your service. You guys are the greatest. Truly we are proud of all you guys and gals. We'll be thinking of you and we appreciate everything you are doing.

thanks!
The Smyth Family
Phoenix AZ.

2:56 PM  
Blogger DebbieKinIL said...

Major John

Well done!

Looking forward to your posts from Iraq. Added you to the daily prayer list for success and that you return unharmed in body, mind and spirit.

2nding was Vic and the Smyth Family says.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, and have a safe, productive deployment.

And thank you for your service. You all make us proud!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?