Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's Okay, It's Frozen Over By Now

Tuesday morning a water main broke near Ashland and Montrose (I grew up a couple miles west and a half block south of there) in Chicago.

The street flooded in reminiscence of the Great Chicago Flood of '92. I don't think this one was caused by careless city workers though.


Back in '92 it was suggested another star be added to the Chicago Flag. One of the current stars commemorates the Chicago Fire (1871, not the MLS team) and one is for the Fort Dearborn Massacre so there is precedence.

I think we should wait for the Olympics and let that be the fifth star. After all, if we didn't add one for this year's Bears' season I don't think a lesser disaster like a flood would rate a star.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?