Monday, October 22, 2007

No Book This Year

Looks like I will have to bow out of NaNoWriMo this year. My November is busy. Sunday I met with Major John's unit (my former unit) and their families.

I had told the unit that I would be willing to do anything to help out their family assistance (Family Readiness Group, FRG) and when I got there they said that I had volunteered to lead the FRG. Oh well, if MJ can go overseas for his country the least I can do is help out.

If it's as intense as they are making it out to be so far I will have gone a long way towards assuaging my guilt about not going myself, and I'm going to have to put my next novel on hold.

You can read excerpts from my first two NaNoWriMo novels at Illini6. I am going to go ahead and try to send Guya Principal to a publisher though.
I, or maybe WE (if I can get a volunteer) will be putting a website together for the deployment and if it is allowable I'll put a link on this blog.

BTW, I think Sine Qua Non means: Sine (a wave, like a sine wave), Qua (what? or more precisely, "Wha?") and Non (none, duh) or "What, no wave?" I add a silent "Dude" after that myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger RTO Trainer said...

I'm sure that you'll be more effective than any FRG I've had dealings with.

Understand the guilt of not raising your hand. My guys are all going in January, but I've got another, well, I'll fell better about it if I refer to it as an opportunity, to follow them in the Summer.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sine qua non," literally, means "without which, nothing"--so it translates loosely to "indispensible"--an adjective your buddies might use to describe you, Prop.

Good luck with getting your writing published!

1:30 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Cripes RTO, that would make three in the last four or five years?!

I felt a bit put out to be going on number three in ten years... shame on me.

9:50 AM  
Blogger RTO Trainer said...

My Grandfather spent three years in the ETO. When they ask me to do more than that I'll complain.

And, odds are just as likely I won't be going again (yet).

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?