Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gratutitous Softball/PC Question of the Day

From an interview of a fairly high ranking executive. NOTE: I am going to "X" out the name of the person and "Y" out the division the excutive manages.

"X", you pride yourself on the multicultural diversity of your team. Why is that so important to you? And how does it influence the work your team does?

In "Y" we have ambitious goals. We want to be the benchmark in "Y" industry, and outperform the industry. I strongly believe we can only achieve this if we have a diverse group of people possessing the right competencies working together towards this goal. Each member of my team brings with him or her a unique set of skills and experience, a unique personality and strengths. I see my role as being the facilitator and coach that helps my team to work together well, achieve a top performance and at the same time enjoy what they do.

Eugh! Something that squishy needs to be put in a Tupperware container for it's own good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people pay good money for that sort of blather. I don't care as long as it's not my money.

4:07 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Fortunately it wasn't taxpayer's money... but I could sure see the stockholders viewing this with a skunk eye.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

I don't understand. Were they playing softball when they asked that question? Was it 16" softball?

Funny that even with a softball question like that X managed to not even come close to answering it.

Are you sure X wasn't a politician?

2:11 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Executives at a certain level are indistinguishable from politicians.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?