Friday, September 14, 2007

News of Afghanistan Prop Attempt 3

I wanted to put a map up today because this story is about a bridge between Tajikistan (green circle) and Afghanistan. I'm pretty sure most folks start by saying, "Now, where the heck is Tajikistan?" I couldn't remember off the top of my head.

Anyway, more infrastructure and more betterness.

I've been wondering why you don't hear about more allegations like this. I knew all about Pakistan being ineffective if not down right obstructionist in dealing with the Taliban, but why not Iran, just a neighbor on the other side.
This has a nifty video with a worrying message. It's about Helmand provence (red circle on map). One thing I do want to point out is how green it is. Forget that whole "Big Sandbox" idea.

Let's all try to encourage Japan and Germany to help the best and the most they can.

Unfortunately rumors of his death were greatly exagerated.

The LA Times says there is still a chance for Afghanistan to turn out to be the great success that it should. I'm reminded that our current President said that the US military is not a nation building force. Of course it isn't, so let's roll out our other formidable skills and resources.

"Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics."

I think General of the Army Omar Bradley said that last one. I KNOW he said this: "Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?