Friday, August 31, 2007

News - Afghanistan and my new AOI

This one is going to be my transition. I will leave the News of Afghanistan to the Inner Prop (CSM Bones, you too?) from now on, and I will concentrate on my new Area Of Interest - Iraq, especially the southern part of the country.

Afghanistan first:

Ah, the latest blotter entry from Herat.

I had to include this one just for the headline, heh.

BANG! Shah Wali Kot is one district that has seen some fighting, but this may make the Talib a bit leery of going there much more.

seen at e-ariana

Help Wanted, Talib leader, position recently vacated.

I guess this Korean paper thinks it is the hostages fault...


Exchange rate news.

Cricket: yea! boo!

And Now For Something Completely Different (sort of): IRAQ

Straight from the people on the scene - try here.

Bad Guys Dramatis Personnae - here.

My destination.

Some thoughts on Iraq and the media - cause and effect?

Next week, all Iraq (at least by me).


Anonymous MissBirdlegs in AL said...

All the best to you, Major John. Your efforts here and elsewhere are much appreciated! Thanks!

11:40 AM  
Blogger dianainsa said...

God bless and God speed. Thanks for all your hard work. We hope you have some time to give us the good news from Iraq!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Ree-C said...

I'm looking forward to reading your "on site" thoughts and observations.

Good luck and be careful!!

Thanks so much for your hard work and service!!!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Mrs G said...

Good Luck and stay safe. Will be looking forward to your reports.


7:12 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Our prayers and our gratitude go with you. All the best and keep in touch!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?