Monday, February 05, 2007

Tagged...

I was tagged by a Phoenix...

"Each player of this game starts with 6 weird things about you. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says you are tagged in their comments and tell them to read your blog."

OK, whether you will or no:

1. I talk to myself .... in German. I once got very upset when I couldn't remember the word for "soap". It inspired me to refresh my vocabulary. Not long after I ended up in Rhineland-Pfalz for a number of months.

2. I will not, I have never, nor will I EVER gamble with dice. I have nothing against a little gambling. Personally I like playing (low stakes) Blackjack. Must have been the ealry teen-geek trauma of losing so many role-playing characters to bad die rolling. For reference, see Dave Chappelle's 'World Series of Dice' skit.

3. I always wanted to scrum. When I played rugby (until this past year, when I finally admitted that 40 isn;t the best age to play a contact sport) I played second row - right in the midst of the scrum. 16 guys straining to get one ball. Usually it is approached with resignation (if one is losing most of them) or at least a tired feeling. I never cared. One game that still lives in legend, the "Game of A Thousand Scrums", was just fine by me. We had so many penalties - and resulting scrumage, that nobody could do much more than stagger or stumble off the field at the end...I was still happy. Other players think I am slightly mad...

4. I laughed when I was told I was on a mined cliffside. I was climbing up a very narrow path at Ashrafkhel when my interpreter, with a local farmer, yelled up "he says the weather may have uncovered more mines!" I stopped, and for some absurd reason, I thought about what the look on my face must have been like. I had to hold back a whole lot more laughs while asking "did he say 'more' or 'some'?" When told that he had said "more" and that I would be fine if I stuck to the "path" (no wider than my size 12 wides... I started to laugh again. I stopped laughing by the time I got to the top - I was too winded.

5. I consider the onion to be the Devil's Weed. Preachers invoke images of Hell as "fire and brimstone" yes? Brimstone is sulfur, yes? Onion gets it's distinctive aroma and taste, in part, from sulfur, yes? QED: the Onion comes from the Devil. Won't touch 'em. OK, maybe I am just fussy.

6. I windsurf naked by moonlight...not really, but I am quite dull and cannot think of anything else at this point. I reserve the right to come back and anything I come up with later.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

So who are you gunna tag? One of the rules was that you had to tag 6 people.

Did you tag them somewhere other than on this post?

11:14 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

I may be tagging out...

6:18 PM  
Blogger Army Girl said...

lol.. He's an osssiffer they can rewrite rules. I'm sure it's written somewhere!

;)

Thanks for playing!

4:54 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Phoenix,

You say you had a hard time finding 6 bloggers - the only other ones I talk with regularly are Glenn Reynolds and Jeff Goldstein! No, Prop, you don;t count - you are a Donut.

6:04 PM  
Blogger BostonMaggie said...

I am madly disappointed that number 6 is not true.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

So? Challenge the Donuts. Maybe you'll get a post out of all of us.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?