Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Doing It Anyway: Tag, I'm IT!

Major John didn't TAG me, but I typed it all up in anticipation so I'm going to post it anyway.

Here are my weird things:

1. Until I was 30 the only place I ever had stitches was my right eyebrow. That may not seem too odd (unless you know how big a klutz I am), but you have to consider that I had had stitches three times up until then. The first time was when I was three and my brother pushed me down the stairs in a wicker clothes hamper (it had a lid and I was pretending to be Oscar the Grouch, who happened to scare my brother). The second time was when I was 16 and someone slap-shotted my face during a floor hockey game. The last time was when I was 23. I was in OBC and we were playing soccer with the cadre after going to the base student final. A Major and I went up for the same header. I got three stitches; he got twelve and a week off because of the painkillers. We won.

2. I ran through an axe-yard in a sleeping bag during a flood.

3. I ran myself over with my father's van.

4. I've never been hurt playing Rugby. I've hurt myself playing pickup basketball after a Rugby practice (severely sprained ankle that had me in a half-cast for a month) and I have even hurt Major John when we were on the same team, but I have never gone to the hospital because of a Rugby related injury (including stitches in my right eyebrow).

5. My tears run the wrong way. Apparently this isn't that unusual. My astigmatism is the bad kind (you know, when you hear commercials about eye surgery and they say it's not appropriate for some types of astigmatisms, that's mine) and it causes my tears to run sideways on my eyes instead of down like normally. This causes me to tear up much more easily, making wearing contacts and watching chick-flicks much more difficult.

Okay, now you pick which one of the remaining stories you want to hear more about:

6. I've won a latrine-building contest.
7. I've eaten crickets, lightly salted and seasoned with lemon.
8. I laughed when they blew up the space shuttle
9. My first semester in college I majored in Astronomy, so I guess you could say I took up space.
10. I failed driver's Ed the first time through.
11. I went through three commissioning programs before getting my gold bar.
12. I told Santa to give my toys to the poor one year.
13. I went as a radio telescope one Halloween.
14. My "rebellion music" was classical.
15. I was afraid to swim in our family pool the year that Jaws came out (even though I hadn't seen the movie).
16. I memorized parts of Star Wars before I actually saw the movie.
17. One year, while I was on camp staff, I jumped through the stage.
18. The door to my mind opens in, but it's one of those half doors and the bottom is always locked so I have to crawl over the top to get out like the General Lee on Dukes of Hazard.

Only the last one isn't true (it opens out).

5 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

#13. Weirdo...

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?