Friday, June 30, 2006

News of Afghanistan XIII

Hmmmmm.... I sense something...something European...it's like I am being watched or something!? Spooky, I tell ya.

You know, one of these times I am going to figure how to put up the Daro and Pashto numbers, rather than the Roman ones I am using in the title for these updates... anyway, let's get to it:


Advice is offered. Thanks guys!
Bombers thwarted, yeah!
Romanian soldier, right, stands next to an Afghan coconut vendor outside school on outskirts of Kabul, Thursday. [South Asia Media Net]
Jaw Jaw better than War War. Still some hissing going on, however!
Afghan Art by Yar Mohammad Taraky - go look, would you please?
© Sultan Massoodi/IRIN
Humanitarian Coordinator, Ameerah Haq
An interview with a woman whose job I really wouldn't want to try.
Conservation?! A conservation project in Afghanistan? Yup.
If I were Iran, I'd reeeallly think this one over.
Now back to the war.
NATO has a new envoy.
"I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you..." [US Army Photo]
Now back to the Economics.
Cha-ching! Just use it well, OK?
Well, yeah - I can see why the Pakistanis would "call" for this.
*
This weeks media/information source: South Asian Media Net

3 Comments:

Blogger Pyrthroes said...

Remember "Afghanistan Banana Stand"-- your passport to Mullah Lite, sliced Talibanista on the side.

Eat poppies and die! Who said the Khyber Pass isn't a riot of color, all of it dust brown? If it were me, I'd be facing Mecca feet-first. How about a nice Birth of Mohammed cartoon, the one where Mom squats to defecate Big Mo upon us?

How tight is your burka, herka-jerka? Who's your Dad, Sa'ad? When he's got four-on-the-floor, the milk's gone sour. Once a camel, always a camel... don't you just love these mujahadeen, so warm and cuddly once their heads are off? If Allah's a gas, we'll take a pass!

And so it goes. May the Black Stone of the Ka'aba never dent your flattened cranium. Inshallah, there is no Who but What! Down, boy. Roll over... now play dead. Wag your tail, Osama, here's your dish.
Many a Pashtun betwixt Cup and Lip, as Khayyam did not say (even in translation). Poor little guys, how you gonna deal with someone who's been there? Hey, here's my Flaming Sword. Want a last taste, Ali-baby?

3:57 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Cannoneer,

I suspect you would have to make lots of friends at KMNB to find out...and then get in line. Heh.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get my link in here ... it isn't being allowed, so I'll try this http://cnheroes.blogspot.com/2006/07/karzais-germans-going-home-to.html to link to the article "Karzai's Germans going home to Afghanistan".

" ... The buffet is open, says Rangin Dadfar Spanta, a man with snow-white hair and carefully pressed clothes. He speaks quickly and has much to say. In addition to being Afghanistan's foreign minister, Spanta is a German, more specifically, a German and Green Party member who spent more than 20 years in the western German city of Aachen, fighting for women's rights and battling discrimination against minorities. Today he is celebrating his new job as President Hamid Karzai's chief diplomat. The buffet isn't the only thing that's being opened here. Spanta hopes to launch a new era in Afghan foreign policy, an era of principles -- German principles. ..."

What have you heard of this man, "Spanta"?

[Cripes ... Blogger sucks!]

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?