Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gee, Thanks Mr. Mayor

Imagine my surprise this morning as I am working out at the "Y" and see Ray Nagin being interviewed on CNN by Soledad O'Brien and he was wearing a 4 star general's DCU top...
He was saying something about wearing it in a parade to honor our military first responders who helped, or somesuch.
Gee, thanks Mr. Mayor. That was five weeks of my life I would love to have back.

And if you really wanted to honor the "military first responder" you should have been wearing one of these:

The US Coast Guard was your true, heroic first responder. It still boils me that they haven't been given enough credit for what they did during Katrina.

4 Comments:

Blogger RTO Trainer said...

Amen. Hooah. What he said. On all counts.

All things considered, those 5 weeks I'd rather have been in Baghdad.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Citizen Deux said...

Havcing just wrapped up a crappy PANAMAX, the BATAAN rolled north with an eye to get safely nestled back in Norfolk, but NOOOOO...mother nature conspires once again to lash us to the mast.

By the way, the guys from HELMINERON 15 were humpin'. Even though they had the chance to bail early.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Iago said...

I agree...the Coast Guard often gets overlooked. They do a hell of a job!

5:44 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

I have known two Coast Guard Officers - they were two of the toughest human beings I ever met. They both were working on advanced degrees.
The Coast Guard NCO I know could probably build a cutter from scratch.
Where and how do they get these people?

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?