Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ready to Fire - but the target went down

I had previously worked myself up into quite a bit of anger about Rep. Murtha's... er... stance. Well, Sen. John Kerry


and DNC Chair Howard Dean


raced in to join the rhetorical dung-flinging. I am sorry, but I cannot work up any anger toward these two. They are what they are. The only thing I feel is a sense of disappointment that nobody ever seems to ask the simple follow-up questions you are allegedly taught in J-school. No reporter ever asks for evidence, examples, citations, proof. They just turn and print/show video of assertions and leave it at that.
If somebody in the Administration belched at lunch, we would get long hand-wringing editorials from the NYT and LA Times about the coming collapse of civilization. [and if you think this is mere assertion - I have two letters for you WP] But a serving US Senator (and the last opposition party candidate for President) accuses US forces of all sorts of strange and bad behavior - and nobody asks him - when, where, who was involved, how do you know this?

As for Dean - that is a problem for the Democratic Party - he isn't an elected official. All you need to know about the people he is happy to stand with is this. UPDATE: or here.

BTW - you want angry reaction to Kerry or Dean - try here.

2 Comments:

Blogger sonicfrog said...

I am repeating my comment from the "angry" post, but what the hey, it's relevant.

t.b. said:

"the people who are haunted by the loss in Vietnam are the crazy people who think if only they'd been willing to fight ten more years and kill a bunch more people, we might have "won"

Howard Dean said:

"I've seen this before in my life. This is the same situation we had in Vietnam."

Thanks Howey. Class dismissed.

PS. Here is my reaction to Murtha a couple of weeks ago.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Muslihoon said...

They don't want to play by the rules they insist that we ought to play by. Cowardly, really. I'm sad Republicans aren't taking them to task on this. Y'know, for a feisty, hawkish, supposedly warmongering party, we're pretty reserved in responding to them. We need to ignite a few fires under a few people's seats, get them out and talking, calling the Democrats' bluff.

And don't get me started with the effects of defeatism. The Democrats seem to want us to loose and since the enemy won't defeat us, they're trying to demoralize us. It's despicable.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?