Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Rah, Rah Go Z Go!

We had our all-employee meeting today. For a corporate rah-rah session, it wasn't too bad. Our CEO (who has the coolest Swiss accent) stood up and told us in detail what Katrina/Rita/Wilma has done to the bottom line, and then he and the other execs took Q&A.
When the first question was "our computer application support was outsourced and is now terrible, what are we going to do about it?" and the whole room bursts into applause - you knew you weren't listening to a bunch of butt kissers...
I have to give props to the Information chief - he stood up and said that it wasn't terrible, it was a "terrible and horrible" experience and that we had learned our lesson.

2 Comments:

Blogger Georges said...

Maj,

You must work with a great mgmt team. Simon's experience is unfortunately the same as mine when I was a corporate worker, with exceptions of course.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Pixy Misa said...

Whoa. Cool.

Where I work, I am the IT department, so I hope they never outsource it. :)

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?