Saturday, November 26, 2005

Credit Where Credit is Due

I have never been much of an Oprah Winfrey fan (and her melt-down in New Orleans didn't boost my opinion of her). But I am quite ready to admit she is a brilliant businessperson, TV and media operator - and she does help some worthy causes. You can imagine my utter surprise while bumping along down a road on the Parwan/Kapisa provincial border in Northeastern Afghanistan and seeing this sign on the wall near the front gate of an orphanage.


She should get credit for this - I don't know if many people know about this...

2 Comments:

Blogger Muslihoon said...

What's also interesting is that the Farsi inscription ("mo'assaseye komak be atfale afghanistan", meaning "Foundation to Help Afghani Children") makes no mention of Oprah. Seems like her mention is primarily for the Westernized. I'd personally prefer something along the lines of Matthew 6:1-4.

12:48 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Muslihoon,

Exactly right.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?