Friday, August 31, 2007

News - Afghanistan and my new AOI

This one is going to be my transition. I will leave the News of Afghanistan to the Inner Prop (CSM Bones, you too?) from now on, and I will concentrate on my new Area Of Interest - Iraq, especially the southern part of the country.

Afghanistan first:

Ah, the latest blotter entry from Herat.

I had to include this one just for the headline, heh.

BANG! Shah Wali Kot is one district that has seen some fighting, but this may make the Talib a bit leery of going there much more.

seen at e-ariana

Help Wanted, Talib leader, position recently vacated.

I guess this Korean paper thinks it is the hostages fault...

Uh-oh.

Exchange rate news.

Cricket: yea! boo!


And Now For Something Completely Different (sort of): IRAQ


Straight from the people on the scene - try here.

Bad Guys Dramatis Personnae - here.

My destination.

Some thoughts on Iraq and the media - cause and effect?

Next week, all Iraq (at least by me).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best to you, Major John. Your efforts here and elsewhere are much appreciated! Thanks!

11:40 AM  
Blogger dianainsa said...

God bless and God speed. Thanks for all your hard work. We hope you have some time to give us the good news from Iraq!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to reading your "on site" thoughts and observations.

Good luck and be careful!!

Thanks so much for your hard work and service!!!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck and stay safe. Will be looking forward to your reports.

Godspeed.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Our prayers and our gratitude go with you. All the best and keep in touch!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?