Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Continuing HP Lovecraft Tour of Iraq

I felt safe here, even after my earlier encounter. I was in Baghdad, large and cosmopolitan. A city looking to the future, despite a long past... how was I to know what waited for me?
After settling in at my new quarters, I emerged the next day to see the tower reaching for the Elder skies...

It is part of the Believer's Palace. But this belief was in who...or what?

Heh. More pseudo-Lovecraftian writing for you all. I live near the old "Believer's Palace" and this tower is quite the notable feature. I have not had much of a chance to see anything else in Baghdad but the small compund I live on and the camp where I work. The hours here have gotten even worse than when I last checked in.

I hope to get a little time someday to see the sights, and as I do, I will try to report those that I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 07/22/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?