Friday, July 18, 2008

I haven't quite figure the IZ out yet...

OK, so I have been here almost a week, in the International Zone ("IZ" or what used to be called "the Green Zone"). It is an odd situation, to be sure.

Where I live is relatively nice, if a little bit crowded compared to where I have previously been. There are, ironically, very few services available. There is almost nowhere to do anything or get anything...but it almost doesn't matter. Why? The insane working hours.

In the command I work for, people are basically 'at the office' all the time. We get in sometime in the morning, moderately early - and don't get out until quite late. On Friday, when everyone else is off in the morning, we are still in. Most other groups that work where I do don't put in the same hours, but I wonder what they do in the time they do have...?

I hope to not appear to be complaining - the food here is excellent, we have only had one 'incoming' and it is a nice change to be in an office compared to where I have been. I just can't quite figure this place out just yet.

UPDATE: I found another new reason to like being up here... Forecast for Basrah 120 degrees, forecast for Baghdad 117. HA!

3 Comments:

Blogger sparrow said...

Um.

You are SO allowed to complain.

Good to "see" you.

Love.

1:18 AM  
Blogger David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post - From the Front: 07/20/2008 - News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I STILL call it the Black Hole. Wish you luck and will send you a care pkg if you need one from up north! BTW - 112 up here!! - B

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?