Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Arch of .... Mundanity?

There are several really cool arches and gates in the IZ here in Baghdad. The Assassins Gate has the best name, for example. Many are decorated or architecturally interesting. Of course, I have no pictures of those. Yet.

What I do have is this one:

What I don't know is what it is for or commemorates/symbolizes, etc. Since it is in a fairly government office heavy area, I suppose it could be the Arch of Bureaucracy or the Ordinary Gate or the Commuter Porte...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major John, just to let you know, JeffG is calling it quits over at PW. Too much pressing his time right now among other things.
SDF

12:18 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

I saw that...yeah, I know about time pressure too.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?