Saturday, May 17, 2008

Range Day

Some of the security in my area is not military. We spent some time on the range making sure that I could shoot their weapons and handle any basic problems like a jam or misfeed. I had not fired an MP-5 before, and it was a very interesting weapon. Very little recoil, and light.


The fellow who taught me to use it had me run through single shot, then automatic.

"Hey, did I hit anything?"

When I had finished that, he told me to run through the rest of a magazine from the hip. I felt like a 1920s gangster...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That thing sounds like popcorn popping off down at the movie house.

7:25 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Hit the deck, it's extra butter and salt!!!

11:04 PM  
Blogger David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 05/19/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.

1:19 PM  
Blogger RTO Trainer said...

I loves me some MP-5. Got to go shooting with the ATF several years ago.

11:59 PM  
Blogger TmjUtah said...

Next time you get a chance to do that, get your support hand right up around the forestock, crouch over the weapon, and "slap" bursts at a silhouette target, aiming point the point of the target's right hip.

Out to twenty five meters, most of your rounds will easily be on the target. The group (or string) size will be the only difference.

I was taught that the gate-latch trigger was crappy - for - a - reason: you aren't hitting with one aimed round, you are dumping an effective burst.

I came here via Insty's link. Sure hope your hand gets better soon.

Thank you for your service, sir.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Margarita Gorbenko said...

Hello, please help me find the person. Arison James Mederos said that he served in Iraq. But the connection has been lost since December 2018. Sorry to write to you here, but I don’t know where to write more. If you can, reply to Rituyla80sav13. @ Gmail .com

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?