Friday, April 20, 2007

Istanbul Not Constantinople

I couldn't help myself with the title, although it was a different story that brought my attention to the Holy Father today.

I don't know if I'm the only, but I am the most vocal Papist here, so I guess I'm the Papal Donut, so to speak. Also, my children are within the flock of the Eastern Orthodox Catholics (an oxymoron to be sure, since catholic means universal) so this is right up my via.

The Pope (that's Benedict XVI not John Paul II, which I as I'm sure so many adult Catholics often forget) is in Turkey today. From what I hear he's fence mending, not our distant neighbors of the Book (Muslims), but the ones who live in our in-law suite, the Eastern Orthodox. He's visiting Hagia Sophia (after which my youngest prop was named). That's cool. Maybe it's because the Eastern and the regular Easters were the same day this year.

You'll have to go to Illini6 to see the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey would say).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2007/04/21/4091072-sun.html

Pope reverses stand on limbo.

The doctrine...not the dance...


haji

4:38 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Aw, nuts - I was hoping it was the dance...

9:24 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Hey, to to Illini6 I have a whole post on the subject! That's what the other topic was.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?