Thursday, July 27, 2006

Two Posts in One

The US Army just graduated it's first class of Lean Six Sigma students.

What're we going to do, have kanbans for units deploying? I'll tell you six sigma army style: one shot, one kill. That's army six sigma!

Here's a telling quote from the article:

"One challenge the graduates will have is making the lessons, which came mostly from the corporate world, relevant to the military environment..." [emphasis mine]

Score one more for the professional reservists. I took a six sigma class back in the 90s when I was at Motorola.

Here's another:

“The major difference is that the corporate world […]you get rewarded for saving money. In the military, you have to spend all of your money, usually in specific ways… but the lessons can be transferred with some creativity[.]"

Hmm.

The other thing is the call up of Israeli reservists. My first thought was, "I hope they don't call up this US reservist," but then I thought about reprisals against US forces already deployed. I don't think our deployment was fun, but I also don't think it was too hairy.

Mrs. Prop is nervous, but I'm going to say a prayer for our folks out there now.

Oh yeah, and everybody go to Illini 6. I've been posting there (seven times in the last week).

4 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

"I don't think our deployment was fun, but I also don't think it was too hairy."

1). So the 122mm rockets that fell on your FOB were bald?

2). Speak for yourself - I thought I was dead 3 different times...

6:35 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Oh, and good idea to plug Illini 6. I have to figure some way we can pimp your site...let me know if you have any ideas.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

We can dress it up in fishnet, put it on a busy corner and make sure it flashes its wares (know what I mean, nudge nudge).

I think that now I have committed myself to post each and every day it should be more interesting. I put a story up there today.

1. It could have been worse, their aim could have been better, they could have sent VBIEDs the list goes on. I feel grateful we had the level we had and not more.

2. Whell. I'm sure you, CSM Bones and the grunts have a different story. I was talking about US in general. Also, see #1.

7:22 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Well, you sure are right about the IEDs, and I had a lot more comfortable place to stay than I thought too.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?