Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Money to Burn

When I first heard rumors that the Army was going to do away with the Class A/Green uniform, I was discomfitted. The replacement was to be the Dress Blue uniform (redubbed the Army Service Uniform). More expensive and not as comfortable/functional I thought to myself.

Recently, I forked out a few hundred dollars to get one - along with all the mini-medals, the service hat, etc. 21 years I had gotten by without one...

Now look what happened.



I don't know what this newer version will change - I suspect something a little more affordable, and a little more comfortable functional than the current one. However, as an officer - I buy my own uniforms... I guess the Army thinks I have money to burn [In the last 2 years I have had to buy some DCUs and ACUs, now this].

1 Comments:

Blogger sparrow said...

Yikes! I just read about this in Stripes on line. Also... for those "over there", there's an article about being able to purchase ACUs on line and Fed Ex (FED EX!!!) will deliver to FOB or wherever within two weeks.

Just WOW!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?