Friday, May 05, 2006

News of Afghanistan V



Chrenkoff Division of the Army of Davids checking in:

Fruit trumps poppy?

We often hear what the Western nations of the Coaliton have to say about operations - here's an Afghan.

A Czech generator, the USACE = Lights on in Gardez.


Capt. Darby Silvernail, a general medical officer from the 10th Mountain Division, performs a checkup on an Afghan woman during a medical outreach mission in the village of Shari Safa in Qalat Province. (Photo by Spc. Leslie Angulo)


Militia Disarmament still on the front burner. (free registration required - sorry).

An interesting editorial in the Hindustan Times linking Kashmiri and Afghan terror.

Why many Indians are in Afghanistan.


(photo: Paula Bronstein/Getty Images)

A pardon by President Karzai.

The Cabinet gets sworn in too.

I got a shiver reading this one - I used to go up and down this road more than anyone except CSM Bones. Glad they missed...

Man I hate Gulbuddin Hekmatyar - his boys (the HIG or Hezb-i-Islami Gulbuddin, Party of Islam, Gulbuddin faction) used to shoot at us every so often.

Pakistan says...our border is legit. Afghans may tend to disagree.



Afghan soldiers march during an official ceremony celebrating the fallen of communism in 1992 in Afghanistan, Friday, April 28, 2006. (AP Photo/Rodrigo Abd)

A little chat about reconstruction.

News Source of the Week: the Big News Network, Afghanistan News.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the comprehensive roundup of news from my country.

12:28 AM  
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

hmmm.. you know that the Indian army torture and kill thousands too I hope. Almost every Kashmiri in Delhi claims to have a cigarette burn on the end of their dick. They talk of whole villages being made to stand for days in the sunlight.

Also the Indian workers have a choice between the dangers of terrorism in Afghan or dangerous working practice and huge debts in the Arabian peninsula. I should imagine less would die from terrorism. They probably get treated much better in Afghanistan too.

Did I tell you I met some british Taliban on the Afghan border in 2000? The only fundamentalists who didn't want to drag me off and convert me or kill me.

6:41 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Dave,

You were lucky with your Brit Talib encounter! I have heard very much the same about working in the Arabian peninsula, sad rreally...

Hemsha - where are you from? I spent most of my time in Parwan and Kapisa (some in Kabul).

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?