Monday, April 03, 2006

The Inner Prop and Major John with 9mm Pistols!

Aiie! Everybody run, the Donuts got guns! Camp Atterbury, IN this weekend....weapons qualification for the 108th Sustainment Brigade HQ.


Range is hot! Let's go.


The Inner Prop. Once he got angry enough at me to relax (I kept telling him to relax and he kept saying "I know"), he shot lights out.


Major John firing the NCB portion of the qualification - not too easy with a gas mask on to aim well...

I would have taken honors for highest individual pistol score if someone (*cough* Major Burton *cough*) in the last firing order hadn't come in and gone wild.

Good times, good times indeed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No misfires into the ground while trying to clear jams? No inability to hit a target at 50M?This isn't the same unit I knew.

10:06 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Don't worry - we still had plent of Field grade Officers that needed, er...more than one opportunity to qualify (though none so fun as our previous JAG blasting rounds into the dirt at 10 meters...)

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you and the Inner prop made it back alive. Surviving the firing range with officers from the 33rd is a CAB qualifying event.

1:22 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

108th, 108th! Utter not "33rd" ever again.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Dan Kauffman said...

Off Topic

thanks for the kind words on Protein Wisdom

People who say nice things about me get added to my blogroll ;-)

Hope this bounces you up to Reptile from Amphibian.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Why I could shoot the hole right out of a donut I could little lady.

That is if MJ would stop telling me to relax!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?