Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I'm Back!


I'm back from lovely Ft. Lee VA. Our first class lodging is shown at left (I excrement you not).

I also got my first ever chance to tour Civil War battlefields. These placards (you may remember one of my very first posts were about those types of things) were from the Battle of Gaines Mill June 1862. We also toured Petersburg and Cold Harbor (both 1864). I was surprised by the size of the battlefields (they were much larger and more wooded than I exptected) and the size of The Crater (it was much smaller than I had imagined).

3 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

A Clarion Hotel next to a Hooters. What, are you are recruiter suddenly?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

I'm tellin' ya. I've had enough wings to last me a lifetime.

I also spent enough time in there to figure something out. There really isn't much on the Hooter's menu to actually eat as such. There is okay nibbling food, but if you want to actually eat you're out of luck. I guess I just hadn't noticed that before.

I also guess that's what the Hooter people are counting on.

One recommendation though, ask for the Daytona wings. They're grilled with whatever sauce you want. They're not on the menu for some reason.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You came to my neck of the woods and didn't call? Major John - please scold. By the way, I spent a week in the billets at Ft. Lee so I understand . . .

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?