Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On a lighter note...


While France continues to devolve, the Running Dog and I attended the first annual BoardGameGeek.con game convention this past weekend. Very, very nicely done. If you're into strategy board games, you could do a heck of a lot worse than attending this one next year. The highlight for me was the superbly-stocked game lending library. Using your library card, you could check out just about any game of recent vintage that you could probably think of, play it, and return it. And you could set up just about any game you liked and the next couple people that happened by the table would more than likely be willing to join in, so you were never wanting for players.

I got to try a number of the very latest releases from Germany, including Caylus (undoubtedly the hit of the con), the Euphrat & Tigris card game, Techno Witches, Pompeii, H2Olland, Deflexion, and Kaivai. I didn't try a game I didn't like at least a little, even though we did misunderstand a few rules a few times. I purchases several starter sets of the new collectible tile game called Chizo Rising, as well as Hunting Party, the latest Age of Steam expansion, the Keythedral expansion, and Byzantium. I received Duel of Ages as my door prize.

I, for one, will definitely be returning next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?