Friday, August 24, 2007

News of Afghanistan - Edition 65

Another Friday is here, and so is the News. In future, I will be modifying this to turn an eye toward the other part of CENTCOM that suddenly holds my interest, Iraq. We'll see what I can come up with, eh? However, right now it's on to the News:

Uh oh, a little tension between construction/development and "ancient sites".


Having seen it in 2005, I was surprised to see this dam has actually held up as well as it did to this point. I suspect the locals are right that a little cleaning isn't enough.

When I see fighting in the Tagab and "Taliban" in the same story, I get suspicious. The Tagab is the main smuggling route N/S from the Panjshir Province. Guns, Goods and Opiates. Note the quote is from the "crime branch chief".



photo: U.S. Army by Sgt. Brandon Aird

A little change in the rules for NATO

Yeah. Right. Like that'll happen.

Taliban - avoiding the difficult.

An Afghani man transports wood through a market in Jalozai camp. Pakistani authorities want to close the camp by 31 August 2007 Photo: V.Tan/UNHCR

And in Sports:

Women's soccer - Afghani triumph!

Cricket....take that Qatar!

And in your Farm Report:

Wheat!

And in Education:

Turkish computer programing?

More Turkish help.

New information source


1 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

Maybe I could try to do the Afghan stuff while you do the Iraqi stuff?

I saw an article the other day that had information about an attack in Khost, just outside a "western" base near Khost town.

Here is the link:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/08/22/afghan.blast.reut/index.html

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?