Monday, October 16, 2006

What Time IS It?

The Doomsday Clock at the University of Chicago was developed in 1947 to graphically show how close we are to Zero Hour or nuclear destruction (they call it midnight, but I like the 24 hour clock and Zero Hour sounds cooler).

Currently the clock stands at 2353 or 11:53 p.m. and they are waiting to see how the international community responds to North Korea's recent test before changing the time (I went ahead and moved my own Digital Clock of DOOM ahead).
OOPS! Nobody panic, it was only a power failure, not the real doomsday. Nope, no doomsday here. (Does anybody have any nine volt batteries of doom?)

Hey, why don't they use a digital clock? The most sophisticated devices for destruction, so high tech that less than a dozen countries in the world are capable of producing them and we track them with a cardboard clock that needs some old guy to stand there and hold it?

Korea isn't even on the clock (It's hard to see in my photo, but go here). Does that mean that it doesn't affect the clock? Now that I look closer Japan isn't on the clock either. Ironic aint it.

What time do you think it is?

4 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

GAME TIME!!! Oh, sorry, I thought you were Cliff Levingston and this was a Bulls Game in 1994...

8:52 AM  
Blogger CSMBones said...

Time for the Stalinist re-treds at University of Chicago to finaly shut th F--- UP! They created this mess after all. I think there are still radioactive areas within my Armory in Hyde Park from the Manhattan Project days. When was the last time these egg heads actualy came up with a decent idea to fix a problem. All they can do is attack the people who have to get things done. I love Hyde Park, I heckeled Studs Terkel the other day and told him to get a job as a greeter at the New Wallmart on 47th and State.

11:49 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

CSM,

"I heckeled Studs Terkel the other day and told him to get a job as a greeter at the New Wallmart on 47th and State."

Would to God you had that on tape...

2:57 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Icon Schicon
Less talk, more music

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?