Thursday, September 28, 2006

News of Afghanistan ۲۳

Ha - I think I found the right font for numbers. A minor triumph to be sure.

Let's get to the News, shall we?


"Ladies and Gentlemen...the Beatles! Um, make that President Hamid Karzai."


This Woman frightened them, and the Enemy continued to show themselves as what they are.

"Those who remain have serious obstacles to return."

This qualifies, I think, as a trickle.

The weekly summary.

Steal? From one of these trucks?! Hmmm. A very small first step, I can tell you with authority.

I wonder what the Dari or Pashto word for "posse" would be?

A petition drive.

In case you missed it... Ramadan Mubarak
First Taraweeh on September 22 and First Fast on Saturday, September 23 and Eid ul Fitr on Monday October 23, InshaAllah.
[Sabawoon.com]

Man, I love e-Ariana.com!

I am not sure I agree with the author's contention that Iran would actively seek to undermine Afghanistan - but he is spot on about the economic impact. Brrrr.

Hey, they are working on it!

Now back to the War...

Bet you didn't hear a word about this.

"He's right you know."

Bridging the gap - ha, I crack me up!

If you had told me back when I enlisted in 1985, that someday US soldiers would be repairing Kalishnikov rifles as part of their duties, I would have assumed that the Soviet Union had conquered us. I guess not.

Ah, the old newsletter. Sigh.

This week's installment brought to you by the Tea I can't find here in the US, and really miss.

Alokozay Tea

5 Comments:

Blogger The Sanity Inspector said...

Nice job as always, Major!

Now, back to blowing milk out our noses at Protein Wisdom...

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major John... can't (our friend) Army Girl send you some Alkozoy????? You know she would.

7:29 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

I am not sure she gets out much anymore, if you know what I mean. I hold out some hope RTO may help, also I got a note from a guy who rooms with the nephew of Alokozay's CEO and he says they are looking into expanding to the US market.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Alokozay anything like Thai tea? Yum!

Bless Karzai's bald head, the Coalition is so fortunate to have him to work with.

Freedom Watch newsletter is another great link. Thanks much!

11:13 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Haji - CSM Bones and I have dined at Kabul House in Skokie. However, they make their own chai, with the cardmom and all...yum!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?