Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Success and Failure

It's hard to believe that the Spartans had Greek mothers-in-law (which they must have predominantly had by definition) and still had great abs like that.

I've been working on my workout routine (not the "300 Workout", just the Power 90 workout) to try to get to look like those guys in 300, but the last four days my brother-in-law and his family were in town so we went to my Greek mother-in-law's house everyday. It was very hard to convince her that I'm on a diet. I did get through it and Mrs. Prop and I are BOTH working out (thank you very much). I'm pretty happy with the way it is going and feel pretty good. I'll get abs like that yet.

I just got a rejection from Strange Horizons for a story I submitted called "Lest Too Light Make the Prize Light." The thing that bugs me is that I worked with three other people (they read it and made editor like comments) and I only got a form rejection. I didn't even get a "this is well written but…" letter, just a form letter. I know the story was better than that, so I'm going to try again. I'm trying to send it to a paying publisher and it would be the first piece I've done that got more than token pay or just a thank you.

Go to Illini6 for reviews of the movies "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Flyboys."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?