Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Medicine in Khost

This photo is from AKO (Army Knowledge Online) a great source. I noticed it because it is from a medical clinic in Khost provence (where my base is).

While I was there (in the 'Stan as it were) the 3/3 Marines Civil/Military Affairs Officer (an Army officer btw) asked if they could build a medical clinic just outside our outer perimeter (the outer perimeter was manned by the KPF (Khost Provincial Force) while our inner perimeter was manned by the Marines). We told them sure and we would help as we could. From the looks of it this photo is not of that clinic.

EDIT: While editing this I found this article. If you scan down to the last paragraph you will find the medical clinic I am talking about. This article does not make it clear that the medical clinic is enitrely outside the actual base and run strictly by local doctors with only temporary help from our docs. One of the advantages of this clinic is that although US military doctors can treat local nationals if they are in danger of losing "life, limb or eyesight," they cannot house them for recovery. This close local clinic allows some of the best doctors in the world to fix the folks up and keep them close for recovery.

Also, I wanted to point out that all the women I saw in the town of Khost looked just like that, but our base backed up against some people's homes and we sometimes saw women out washing clothes and such in just dresses and a simple head scarf.

EDIT: The second part of this post has been removed by the author because he is a dope.

4 Comments:

Blogger RTO Trainer said...

Especially since he fighting in Korea didn't end until Eisenhower was President....

:)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

DANG! Does that strengthen or weaken my arguement, I mean appart from the fact that it destroys my credibility.

I'll pull the post and shut up now.

6:46 PM  
Blogger RTO Trainer said...

Aw. That wan't my intent.

Sorry, Sir.

12:49 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Never you mind, RTO - there is no critic so harsh of the Inner Prop as... the Inner Prop. Ha!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?