Friday, December 01, 2006

News of Afghanistan ٣١, the blizzard edition

In honor of the 2 hours and fifteen minutes I spent heading toward work before bailing out and returning home, I present the blizzard edition of the News...

Everyone is always telling the US that there needs to be a "Marshall Plan"...

NATO, progress...maybe?

Driving up the Salang Valley - photo by...me!

CSM Bones let me know about this depressing story.

Still learning how to deal with the media, eh?

A man tries to hitch a ride on the side of a snowy mountain pass in Afghanistan, south of Kabul, on Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2006. Winter has come early to Afghanistan covering the mountain passes used by the Taliban insurgency . (AP Photo/Rodrigo Abd)

A strong opinion. Note the media source too. See above.

As if Afghanistan doesn't have enough problems!

Narjan Kala - photo by...me!

Road building - with help from Italy.

I am shocked, shocked to discover smuggling.

ANA capacity building.

And remember, winterize your AAA! Photo, again, by me.

Somebody is still going to have to explain this cricket thing to me...

Long term refugees - what to do?

A smack-down for Burhanuddin Rabbani. Ow.

Footbridge across the Salang...another glorious photo by me.

Two Canadian heroes return home, sadly.

Nuristan needs help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?