Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Illinois - Will the Defendant Please Rise?

That was the winning motto in Chicago Tribune columnist, John Kass' contest a while back. Mr. Kass, upon the occassion of former Governor George Ryan being indicted (later convicted) had suggested replacing the motto on Illinois license plates from "Land of Lincoln".

It seems that the people of my great state just don't care, however. Current players, old cons, whatevah... Current, all but beatified pols, yawn. Members of the incoming 'most ethical Congress ever' - boring.

We seem to be getting what we deserve here in the Land of Lincoln (wept).

3 Comments:

Blogger Frazzledsister said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile now, and I think you might like this blog:
http://whensa.blogspot.com/
It's all about squirrels killing off mankind. Enjoy!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would agree. I live in southern Illinois, not far from St Louis. Unfortunately, I know more about the politics and such going on in MO than I do for IL. Because you know, there's Cook County and then there's the state of IL. ;-)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Cook County? There's no such place.

There are three levels:

Da City (pronounced Chicago by all yous udder people)

Chicagoland (which you may be mistakenly calling Cook County (which is as much a real place and about as autonomous as Munchkinland))

and

"Down State" (even Rockford which is actually North of Da City is "Down State" to a Chicagoan)

And oo don't get my hackles up by saying your from Chicago and then telling me which town (that happened all the time when I was in Cham-bana).

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?