Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday News of Afghanistan VI

I'm running a bit slow today...if only I could have had a nice pot of Alokozay tea to get going.



So, here we go for another week:


The Australians will be increasing their troop levels in Afghanistan. They are sure more than an 80% ally to the Afghans!

What does the future hold? Ali Ahmad Jalali opines.

I am not sure what to make of this ruling on the status of Afghan hijackers in Britain.

Two women that suffered a terrible loss on 9/11/01 turn to help Afghanistan.

Power lines cross Afghanistan - as long as they pay a toll...


(I continue to flog this issue, I know) What to do with the disarmed militia?

General Eikenberry doesn't dance around the subject when it comes to what is happening in Afghanistan.

When I saw this article, I was cheered - not only because the women need the assistance, and that I used to cover Kapisa Province in my work for TF Eagle, but that Governor Murad looks to be as good as I hoped.

Heh. It seems the Afghan Parliament's lower house has learned how to grease the squeaky wheels. Actually that might be a bit harsh - I saw how little the people that these increases are targeted for had to live on...

Dammit - this is something I really didn't want to happen. I want the distributors hurt, not the farmers.

Afghan News Source of the Week: e-Ariana. A very high quality, comprehensive site.

3 Comments:

Blogger maggie katzen said...

just a thought, but maybe if you ask RTO nicely he could send you some tea before too long....

1:36 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Maggie - Hey?! I hadn't thought of that. Being at...uh, where he is going to be, heh heh, he should be able to pick some up. I'll have to send him some $ and have him get me some! I'll get a hold of you about that...

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that fails, I can send you some tea from here too. :) You have to tell me in the next week but. Before my R&R.

Lemme know. vasco_pyjama at livejournal.com

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?