Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Land of Lincoln, eh?

Who me? What did I do? Felony convictions?! Bah!

Illinois continues its shameful parade of political corruption figures - this time ex-Governor and ex-Secretary of State George "Clear Death Row" Ryan got his.

He stayed right in character too.

The most outstanding figure in the otherwise generally limp media in our state has been John Kass [free registration required](some other individual exceptions being Chicago Sun-Times reporters Tim Novak AND Steve Warmbir who started the whole license-for-bribes expose)

Chicago City Hall's reaction. [free registration required]

4 Comments:

Blogger Citizen Deux said...

And how do we get our elected officials from allocating, sorry I mean stealing, legally through pork laden legislation?

Sheesh!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Mighty Quinn said...

As an Illinois resident, the only thing I find interesting is the air of surprise some people adopt. "Shocked! Shocked I say to learn of corruption in State government." Next thing you know they'll suggest that there might be corruption in Chicago's city politics! Still, it's nice to see one of these snake get his come-uppins.

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote of the Day: From Judy Barr Topinka, clearly distancing George: "If you want a friend in politics, GET A DOG...I have two."

8:35 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Yeah - odd thing about Illinois is that the only honest politicians are at the edges of their parties. The left part of the Democrats and the Right edge of the Republicans are the only honest folk in the State. And they don't have any punch with either party. It is so disillusioning, that I find myself withdrawn from politics. None of these bums will get my money, my time, and God help me, my vote.

Can we get Paul Vallas to come back and run in the Democratic primary again someday?

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?