Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Realization

Recently I have noticed that I live in a nice house in the suburbs (in a good school district) with my wife and two children, 1 boy and 1 girl. We have a minivan and a sensible 4 door sedan. I have a job that pays well enough and has good benefits. I am on the board of directors of a local women's shelter. I am a Major in the Army National Guard - and I recently came home from a year long deployment to Afghanistan, plus I was healthy and whole. I am a member of my local American Legion post. Both my parents, and my wife's parents are living and in good health...
If I didn't know any better, I'd think the Almighty has decided, personally, to use me as an example of how good it can get. So, this leaves me with one request..If any of you ever catch me bitching about something petty, please find me and slap me upside the head. I'll understand.

That is all.

UPDATE: Oh, I forgot to mention that my friends tend toward being smart, funny and supportive. Plus, some of them have even decided to blog here with me...

3 Comments:

Blogger Gail said...

You deserve it, Major. Not the slap upside the head, mind you, but all the good fortune.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You American Oppressor, you.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do have a wonderful life -George Bailey!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?