Thursday, July 28, 2005

Blog Discouragement

While I never expected to put up something that would make Glenn Reynolds bow in page view/visit submission, or have Jeff Goldstein kowtow to my style, I had expected a little more from this blog. Part of it comes from a drop off on my part due to a new job - I am still trying to get a handle on it (hence, no more than the Afghanistan Photo of the day when I sit down at my terminal in the morning, and maybe a brief entry over lunchtime). Also, beyond a few entries from 'Prop - I ain't seen much out of the other Donuteers lately. For example, Running Dog or Tempus can pop in and toss off an entry and they draw more commentary than I get in any two days of entries...so, yes, I am prodding them to put more up on the blog. I asked the others in because they are deuced clever, and have interesting thoughts. The very first entry on this blog mentioned that I am not enough to keep it going...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your blog--keep it coming, and be encouraged!
Mrs. Blogotional

11:58 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Here's a slap upside the head.

In an earlier post you said to do that if you started complaining about petty stuff.

Add to your list of blessings the fact that not only CAN you have a blog but you actually DO have a blog that is read and enjoyed by, I hazard a guess, more people than can or are inclined to join in the discussion.

Here's another slap for good measure and just like the chaplain did you me you will get the last one when you least expect it.

2:22 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Great, invoke the ambush-chaplain on me...
It's not a petty complaint, it is simply an observation that my expectations were wrong. At least I goaded the Mighty Quinn into action, heh heh.

3:19 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Simon just wants to see the 'Prop belt me in the melon...

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?