Sunday, July 17, 2005

Back on the Chain Gang

The 'Prop and I had drill this weekend. The first mandatory assembly since our unit got back from Afghanistan. It was good to see some of the people again. I found myself saddened by coming home and realizing that I had worn my Desert Camoflague Uniform (DCUs) for the last time. Back to the green stuff - and if I get deployed again, it will be in the new ACUs. I think I now know how a ball player that hangs an old uniform up for the last time feels...

5 Comments:

Blogger RTO Trainer said...

I know where you're coming from. I felt the same way.

I am kind of looking forward to the ACUs, 'cause I am going back to Afghanistan next year.

10:57 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

RTO - all we have heard is that the ACUs might not blend in visually so well, but everything else about them is just fine. Needless to say, the built in knee/elbow padding came in for the most jokes...

9:08 AM  
Blogger RTO Trainer said...

Whose idea was the integrated pads, do you think? :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

The zippers concern me. We went 6 months in Salerno, Afghanistan before we had an alterations shop. If you lose a button even I can replace it, but if you lose a zipper it's over.

5:12 PM  
Blogger RTO Trainer said...

Find an Aviation unit. Their parachute rigger/equipment safety people have sewing machines.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?