Friday, October 01, 2010

It's That Time of Year Again - Cthulhu Month

The Aztecs used to say, Huitzepotil tloloc tenochtitlan!

It's October and that means it's Cthulhu Month over at Illini6. You know, I went back and looked at past years and at least for the last two years I've claimed that it was the third year of doing a blasted image of the Great Old One each day in the month of October. That means that I've been mistaken or, or, time is not right!

I don't know how long I've been doing this, but this year is special, I'm going to try to put in as many original images, I've gotten my wits about me again (recovered from the Equinox) and I'll be sharing my Katrina experiences and I have another blog, Papa Stories where I'm going to try to record some of the stories my father used to tell.

First up on Papa Stories will be The Night Of the Purple Fog.
Ooooooo! Scary stuff kids!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Spockgirl said...

As suggested, I have been reading older posts, however am today regretting doing same. My head now hurts and my ears are bleeding from attempting to read the most horrific, never-ending comment in 2007. I... just could not finish it. Only got half way through, if that.
Up to that point, my comments:

1. Inner Prop is hilarious in an off-kilter sort of way;
2. I am close to, if not same age as LTC John and Inner Prop - read somewhere that one of you was 18 in 1985. There are also signs of similar time-frame, such as references to Ferris Bueller and the pudgy Shatner (Khan) clip;
3. CSM Bones started posting regularly and, there is a sense of a rather dry (not quite sardonic) sense of humour;
4. Some sort of troll like creature had begun posting comments, which I thought were horrendous until the last one I just read (but you did delete a lot so I probably did not see the worst);
5. I had heard and read a bit about the National Guard, but never really knew what it entailed, so thanks;
6. You are only the second blog to make me laugh and cry in one reading;
7. I have no idea why I keep reading here... except it is almost like catching up with stuff that I missed while working a darn office job for over 20 years.

Note: the link to Illini6 on your most recent post doesn't work, and Papa Stories is a great idea.

I'll be back...

7:49 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

I fixed the link to Illini 6 for the Prop...

Which post in 2007 has/had the never ending comment?

10:30 PM  
Blogger Spockgirl said...

LTC J:
Never-ending comment was Sep 29 2007 CSMBones post "Jr. to drive for the National Guard next season"
It is more of a discombobulated rant than a comment.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?