Thursday, June 16, 2005

Would I be a Nazi, Soviet or Khmer Rouge, Senator Durbin?

Senator Dick Durbin (he of the "my relatives thought Lincoln was a Jew, because he was named Abraham and shot in the temple on a Friday" joke at the opening of the new Lincoln library in Springfield, Illinois) has figured out who the US servicemembers at Gitmo remind him of. I am not sure one so tone deaf can be persuaded to change the style of his rhetoric, but I sent him a constituent e-mail anyway. You can express your desire to see things work differently without comparing the US armed services to three of the most murderous totalitarianisms in human history.

UPDATE: Varifrank got angry, so I didn't have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?