Sunday, May 29, 2005

Right Result - Wrong Reason

Give the French people credit - they did the right thing, in my humble opinion, in rejecting the EU 'constitution' [Why am I always reminded of the comparison some other blogger made of the Borg on Star Trek to the EU bureaucracy - "freedom is irrelevant", "resistance is futile, you will be assimilated", etc.?]. They may have cast their rejection as a snub of things Anglo, but they still managed to save themselves from an (even more) unrepresentative, unaccountable oligarchy. So one cheer and a glass of Beaujolais for the French.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

They would probably be shocked to find that they are WHITE! Hehehe. Don't think so? If they came here, the press, the black caucus, the NAACP, and everyone who would notice would make sure they knew it. LOL. I kinda like it that way. I like to think we are "Americanized." No matter where we are originally from, we have that special umph that let's people know we are Americans. Yeah, and don't mess with us!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

Let me clarify: I kinda like it that way.

I was thinking about a time when we knew who was Irish (No Irish need apply), German (is he a Nazi?), etc. I guess I should write what I'm thinking if it changes the thought processes! I do not like division between people. We are all one. At least in God's sight.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?