Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sad, Grumpy and Reaching for Perspective

I don't quite know why, but I started the day in a bit of a foul mood. The morning update went long (GEN Petreaus was saying farewell and giving awards to two departing staff) and I have a pile of work waiting for me that seems to be everyone else's responsibility, but I am doing it all...
Then we had the September 11th rememberance ceremony this morning. That didn't help my mood any. I'm already grumpy, and then I added sad to the mix. Maybe a little bit pissed off too - I'm still not real happy that I have been sent, twice now, far from my family and home to go fight 7th Century minded savages who seem to do naught but kill the innocent. I wish they would bloody well mind their own business and stop trying to impose their crude vision of how the world should work on everyone else. Blowing up the innocent, all for the Greater Glory of the Almighty... bah.

I really should snap out of it, and remember that today should be more about what happened and who paid the price for it 7 years ago...


I guess it is a good thing I have less than two months to go in this deployment. I hope I don't have too many more days like this one. If I do, I'll be sure to spare you any venting here at least.

9 Comments:

Blogger Nixon said...

I always liked when people got their ass chewed by P4 during the BUA, it brightened up my day for some sick reason. But, wow, it has been 7 years since 9/11, not going to be a good day anyway you cut it thinking about that.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

This blog is exactly FOR venting about what is happening, up or down. That's what friends across the intartubes are for.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Acad Ronin said...

You need to vent, you vent. You've earned the right.

9:06 AM  
Blogger David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 09/11/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

9:40 AM  
Blogger kg said...

vent away, Sir!
and thank you for your sacrifice and service to us!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vent away. Seriously. Where else should you vent? We can handle it. We're supporting you and BTW... also sad, grumpy and pissed off also. I don't think this anniversary is ever going to be anything less than that kind of day... Hang in there. -Jenn

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto. We can handle a little venting - especially those of us reading from the comfort and safety of our own homes.

With gratitude and a prayer!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Ditto the vent thing. Sometimes venting makes one eloquent.

Case in point: "far from my family and home to go fight 7th Century minded savages who seem to do naught but kill the innocent. I wish they would bloody well mind their own business and stop trying to impose their crude vision of how the world should work on everyone else."

I love that. I'm going to use it. BTW, we're starting to plan the party.

8:02 AM  
Blogger FbL said...

That's about how I felt this time, too: sad, grumpy and pissed off.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?