Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Late Rugby Report

The Prop has been itching for this one... we were at dear alma mater (sorry for the lack of notice, Prairie Biker and Gail - it was touch and go with my mobilization prep) for the annual Old Boy's rugby weekend. Last year the student team gave us oldsters everything we could handle, and more. This year, we put a stop to that nonsense.



The Prop was berzerk like always. That is him going into the scrum head already down like a bull ready to charge...

I managed to play some defense - which is always hard when it involves chasing people half your age... I caught one kid for a saving tackle and I think he felt some shame at being run down by a 41 year old, 240lbs second row. That and a little pain, heh heh.

One fun part was our mutual friend tackling a youngster right into the cheap, temporary goalposts and promptly destroying them:

That's me celebrating the moment, BTW.

3 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

BRRRiliant! GRRReat!!

Nice coverage and worth the wait. I love the video (I've watched it about ten times already). It's the only video I've ever seen of myself playing.

Is there anyway to get the photos and video any bigger?

For everybody else, I'm wearing 1 and Major John is wearing 4.

MJ, if you have ANY more please email them to me.

Thanks bunches!

Love the giant penguin with the electric tentacles! GRRRRReat!

12:50 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Yeah, I can go back tonight and resize the far scrum photo - I was a bit rushed...

the video feature is new to Blogger, and I don't know much other than it managed to work!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wear that 33rd patch proudly. My dad was a squad leader 136c 33rd Division. He always played 33 when walking by a roulette wheel in Vegas where he retired. He is buried at vets cemetary in Boulder City Nv..The 33rd had good luck and I hope you guys and gals do also .. God bless you for what you do.. Chuck Sharp Jr..Visit the 33rd website you can find his old pics from WWII. Personal section

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?